Friday, September 01, 2006

time

Lately I have been thinking of this re-cultural adaptation thing alot. As from some of my previous posts I have been looking at some of the things that have struck me funny such as my Starbucks experience.

Today I wanted to mention probably the easiest transition that I have had to make and that is regard to time. You see I never really adapted to Spain as well as some in this reagard. I always had a hard time staying up late because no matter how late I would go to bed 1, 2, 3 in the morning I would still be awake by 7 or 7:30 on a real lazy day. This was not very Spanish. BUT here is more normal for me. I get up by 5:45 AM and have some personal time and then I go excerise by 6:30 am. I also go to bed earlier and I LOVE this. I like how it feels I must admit. I always felt a little strange going to bed early in Spain. It was like I was committing some sin to go to bed before 12 midnight. I always had to tip toe around the apartment in the morning since no one else would be up before 9 am.

So there are some things that are quite freeing to me living on this side of the ocean. Some things that make more sense to me and my timeclock. I could add more words about being punctual and how that makes more sense to me also. I love how people are on time here but that will be another blog on another day or week.

1 comment:

Robby said...

Larry,

Believe it or not, somebody reads these...even those of us who are far less "timely" or even friendly as we should be. Glad you're enjoying the running again...Robby