Sunday, March 09, 2008

2 out of 3 ain't bad


For those 40 somethings you may remember the song 2 out of 3 ain’t bad by Meatloaf.
Well yesterday I bought a new moleskin journal and a stock of G2 pens (the best pen in the world for 1.50). All I lack now is to reclaim my Mac computer from my kids and I will be 3 for 3 and totally cool.

I am sitting in Atlanta. It has been snowing and yes the date is correct, March 8.
It did not cause traffic problems but it is wild to see.

I have been on my journey for two weeks and I am so ready to get home. Before I left I was able to spend the afternoon with one of my best friends, David Putman. He is a co-founder of a really cool organization that helps church planters in the states. (http://www.churchplanters.com/) . He also has a new book coming out in May called Breaking the Discipleship Code. Check his blog out and buy his book in May. We had a few “doppio macchiatos” at our favorite Starbucks in Alpharetta.

Not to do a total commercial for the guy but he is one of the best strategic thinkers / coaches when it comes to church planting that I know. But what is really cool is how he follows Jesus Christ every day in a very real way. He is a hero to me.

No comments: