Sunday, February 10, 2008

coming out of retirement

I know it is a little late for new years resolutions. I have already blown most of mine anyway but I thought I might try to make one on Feb. 10th, 2008.

I think I will try to write more down this year.
Wow. That was deep.

This year I want to consider deeply how Jesus and others in the scriptures lived their lives and what I can learn from it. So if all goes well i will talk about some of the verses that i am reading and how that affects my life here in Germany or wherever we are that for that matter.

We moved to spain in late 2001 but just 8 months ago moved to Germany. We are amidst trying to learn a new language and culture. The language part is quite difficult so we are trying to figure out once again how to live incarnationally amongst the people that we cannot communicate well with, yet.

I am reminded of what St. Francis of Assissi said: "Share Jesus everyday and sometimes use words". Obviously I want to learn how to use those German words but I also need to know how to minister in our culture without using words. What does that look like for me?

So this blog will be about our journey. I hope you will enjoy and feel free to comment.

No comments: